Today is day three of the flats challenge! Almost half way complete! It's been a lot of fun so far!
I'm going to share with you my favorite fold. Honestly, other than the pad fold, it's the only fold I'm using! But, hey, if it works, why change it?
I've created this image for you. This fold is basically the origami fold with one extra step at the end. I like it better than the origami because it eliminates some of the extra fabric wrapping around the thigh. You can click on the image to make it larger and easier to read.
Happy Anteater Fold steps:
- Fold your flat in half.
- Fold in half again the other way, making a square.
- Grab the top layer corner and pull it over to the right until you have created a triangle in the center.
- Flip the whole thing over.
- Fold in your square piece a third of the way.
- Fold in the rest of the way.
- Fold up your wing making the side flush with the center. Repeat on the other side.
- To fasten onto your baby, pull up the front and wrap the wings around the sides. Fasten with a Snappi, Boingo or diaper pin.
If you're not a visual person in the form of pictures, here's a great video showing you how to do it as well.
Tonight we have church, so I may be stuffing some flats inside a pocket for the first time. Praying the nursery workers are okay with that!
Updated March 21, 2017